12.14.2006

Doctor's Appointment - 35 Weeks

I am now seeing the doctor every week. This week they checked me for the first time to see if I was dilated. As of Tuesday, I am 75% effaced and 1 cm dilated (for those of you who know what that means). I should be 100% effaced and 10 cm dilated during labor so my body has started to prepare for Brendan's birthday. This doesn't mean the baby is going to come early but it does mean everything is progressing (which is good). I hope this is not too much information for some of you! I have a doctor' appointment next Wednesday so we will see if anything changes this next week.

We are getting very excited! Last night I made my last run out to Babies R Us to pick up my last minute items that I think we will need. I didn't have to get very much stuff because our family & friends have been very generous with very thoughtful gifts! Thank you to everyone who has helped us prepare for our bundle of joy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I think I tell every person I come across how cute you are and how excited I am to be an auntie! You guys are going to be such wonderful parents. Keep me updated on every little detail! Love you guys! Rub that little belly and tell Brendan auntie says hi! Love you!